以提供具体的目标, 通过校友获得与职业相关的成果, 教员/员工, 雇主主导的参与和编程, 第二届职业联赛“疯狂三月”即将拉开帷幕.
“Career Services has been working hard to help connect Wittenberg students to experiences that will help them identify and gain skills necessary for #LifeAfterWitt,乔伊·加勒特·斯卡尔斯说, associate director of career operations and student employment. “We are very proud to introduce a preview of some of our 职业生涯三月疯狂 programming.”
作为为期一个月的系列活动的一部分, students will be able to craft their first resume in partnership with Career Services staff, or have their resume reviewed by staff and students trained in resume reviewing. 另外, students will have the opportunity to take a professional headshot for use on LinkedIn, 简历, 工作申请, etc. 通过提供两种服务, all participating students will be able to leave the event with a revised resume and updated professional headshot for future job prospects.
“Our mission for 职业生涯三月疯狂 is to provide career 读iness programming that meets the wants and needs of every Wittenberg student, while following the latest industry trends and best practices,蒂姆·贝茨说, 职业探索与参与助理总监. “We’re excited to see our students gain confidence in their career journeys through the tangible takeaways that this initiative provides.”
职业生涯三月疯狂 will start on March 15 with a PathwayU presentation and go through April 7. 活动将在约瑟夫·C. 寿林终身学习中心, 托马斯图书馆的COMPASS甜蜜成功中心, and Bayley Auditorium in the Barbara Deer Kuss Science Center.
- PathwayU Presentation, Virtual via Handshake and Microsoft Teams, Tuesday, March 15, 4-5 p.m. Students will be able to explore their personal and professional interests through this informative workshop. Participants will be able to begin to connect their interests with their job search.
- 文科 & 职业生涯 Discussion, Shouvlin, Room 201, Wednesday, March 16, 4-5 p.m. This panel of all-star alumni will discuss how they used their liberal arts education to leverage careers in a field not directly related to their degree. 他们找到了一条前进的道路，但可能不是一条线性道路. Students will have an opportunity to get connected with possible internships after the panel discussion.
- Nursing Hiring Event, Shouvlin 105 and First-Floor Atrium, Friday, March 18, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. This career fair for nursing students will feature up to 10 hospitals from major metropolitan cities in 俄亥俄州. 365体育在线官网护理专业的学生需求量很大!
- 医学预科 & Exercise Science Discussion, Bayley Auditorium, Friday, March 18, 4-5:30 p.m. This panel of all-star alumni in the medical field (sports and 家庭 medicine, 神经学, and orthopedics) will share their experiences and tips/tricks for medical school followed by an opportunity to discuss shadowing opportunities in breakout sessions.
- Master of Divinity Conversation, Virtual via ZOOM, Monday, March 21, 4-5 p.m. 这个小组是为任何想要成为神性大师的人准备的. 你不必是宗教专业的学生来学习更多!
- 社会正义 & Law Discussion, Bayley Auditorium, Wednesday, March 23, 4-5:30 p.m. 珍妮·杰克逊75年, an all-star alumna and Wittenberg Board of Directors’ member with extensive history in the legal and nonprofit worlds, 而且和维滕贝格有很深的联系, 和Sean L. 沃尔顿，他的律师 卡西古德森的 家庭, 对他们的职业生涯, 他们的道路和通过这项工作, and their overall thoughts about social justice and the legal system.
- 为什么你? Mock Interviews, Virtual, Thursday, March 24 and Friday, March 25, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Students will have an opportunity to practice interviewing and get valuable feedback from alumni in various career fields. Students often make connections that land them internships and jobs after the interviews. 讨论网络!
- Leadership Discussion, Blair Hall, Room 108, Monday, March 28, 4-5 p.m. 学习你作为领导者所带来的价值, how to set yourself apart in the job search and as a new professional. Students will walk away with tangible tips on how to take initiative, 是自信的, and stand out in this new competitive employment environment.
- 的简历 & Professional Headshot Drop-In Hours, COMPASS, Thomas 图书馆, Wednesday, April 6, 1-5 p.m.周四，4月7日，上午10点.m.-2 p.m. Students can stop in and get their resumés reviewed/revised and have professional headshots taken. 爆头将从1-4点开始.m. 星期三上午11点.m.-2 p.m. 周四.